Also known as "heaven of peace and tranquility", this beautiful hill station is at an altitude of 6000 ft, The spice scented cool air is a rejuvenating natural therapy.Attractions include ever green tea gardens, pristine valleys, rolling hills, sancturies rich in wild animals and rare flowering plants.
DESTINATIONS 1. Tea Museum :- This museum gives the history of tea plantations in Munnar hills with rare photographs.The exhibits includes original tea making roller of 1905 along with other tea making machines.Main attraction is the live demonstration of tea making and tea tasting.
2. Devikulam :- Located, 17KM away from Munnar, this beautiful valley is known for its exotic flora and fauna.The rain water lake with its cool crystal clear water is an ideal spot for rainbow trout fishing.The temple at the hill top is another attraction.
3.Chinar Wildlife Sanctury :- This beautiful sanctury at a distance of 70KM is made up of wet grass lands and high level sholas. This is an ideal place to watch heards of Bisons on their gazing.The other wild animals in the park are elephants, Tigers, Sambers, Civet cats panthers, Lion tailed monkeys, Wild boars and the endangered mountain goat called Nilagiri Thar.The sanctury is divided into three regions- core area, buffer area, and tourism area.
4. Roaring Waterfall in Attukad :- From a distance, waterfall sounds like a roar of an animal.Hence the name 'roaring falls'.The journey through narrow road leading to fall is amazing as you, negotiate the eight hairpin bents.
5. Mattupetty :- This dam on a lake Mattupetty is at the distance of 20KM from Munnar.The dam is an ideal picnic spot. The indo-swiss live stock project which is famous for heigh yield cattle breeding is atourist attraction.
6. Kundla Lake and Dam :- This place is famous for its golf course.Boating facilities are also available in the lake.
7. Anayirankal Reservior :- It is an ideal picnic spot, surrounded by tea plantations and evergreen forests. This dam is famous for native fishing.
8. Lock Heart Cap :- This area is famous for adventure tourism activities and trekking.
9. Echo point :- The name is derived from natural echo phenomenon found in this place.It is at a distance of 15KM from Munnar.
10. Bloosom Park :- The major attraction of the park is 1000 feet 'long' fountain, roller skates, under ground mediation centre and a beautiful garden.
Thekkady located within Periyar Wild Life Sanctury is a nature's bounty with great scenic beauty and bio-diversity. The sanctuary is spread across the area of 800 sq KM having thick rain forest, wet grasslands, hills and a spectacular lake.
ACTIVITIES 1. Guided Day Trekkking:-
Every morning guided trekking through forests are conducted by forest department. This gives you a chance to see wild animals from a close but safe distance and a chance to photograph them.
2. Adventure Trekking and Camping:-
Trekking and Camping in the forest - one/two nights.Trekking groups are accompanied by armed forest guards with communication equipments and geared to face any emergency situation.It's definite that you will come across wild animals like Elephants,Nilagiri Langurs, Monkeys, Gaint Squirrels and if lucky even tigers.You can also see Pythons, King Cobras, Flying Lizards and different types of rare birds like Hornbills.
The large artificial lake was formed when the dam was constructed across the river.Tourism Department conducts boating in the lake which is surrounded by thick forest.The main attraction is that you can see herds of wild elephants swimming and bathing with their babies.Along with wild animals birds like hrnbills, blue winged parakeets, wood pigeons etc can be seen in there natural habitat.
C) HOUSE BOATS
Kerala is a land of lakes, canals, rivers.Hence in earlier days boats were widely used to tranport men and materials. The big boats that once used to transport bulk goods are now converted to house boats equipped with modern aminities. The house boats have ensuite a/c bedrooms, docks and kitchen.
The cruise through palm finged lagoons, lakes,rivers give a panoramic view of kerala coastal life.Sailing quitely in the tranquil backwaters with occasional chirps of birds on trees will be once a life time experiance. The scenes that can be viewed from boats include vast expanse of paddy fields, fishermen at work, village markets, villager's making coir in their homes.
Its amazing to sit on the dock of the boat at night watching the beautiful sky with its glittering stars in the company of cool breeze and slow rippling waves.
D) KOVALAM BEACH
One of the best beaches in the world consisting three crescent shaped beaches;at a distance of 20KM from Trivandram.This golden sand, clean beach is an ideal place for sun bath, water sports and ayurvedic relaxation therapy.The rolling waves, golden sand, waving coconut trees, gentle breeze; refresh your body and soul.The fishermen take you for fishing in the sea in their country craft called "kattamaram".Swimming and bathing in the blue calm sea is rejuvenating.
E) VARAKALA BEACH
This calm, sandy beach with a background of brown rocky cliffs is at a distance of 60KM from Trivandrum.This is near old Shree Janardhana temple which is 2000 years old.The high brown rocky cliffs ends abruptly and scretch of clear sand extends down to sea.This contrast between the cliffs, sand and sea makes Varakala beach a unique one.The sunset at the beach is amazing; since sun shining like molten gold.Other attractions are sunbath and swimming in the sea.This is near old Shree Janardhana temple which is 2000 years old.
F) KAPPAD BEACH
This historic beach is at a distance of 16 KM from Calicut tow;where Vasco de gama was landed in 1498.The rock studded beach is an ideal picnic spot.An interesting feature of the landscape is a sprawing rock that protrudes into sea.The temple on the rock is 800 years old.
G) BEKAL FORT
The Fort was built by laterite stones on the cliff in the beach.Since the fort is on the highest cliff, enemy ships comming through sea could be easily spotted.The fort offers good view to beach also.This is at a distance of 14 KM from Kasaragod town
This area 70KM from Calicut town, is famous for it's pristine natural beauty. Its picturesque mist clad hills, sprawling spice plantations, evergreen forests and rich cultural traditions make it a great tourist destination. The hills, rocks, valleys of Wayanad makes, the place conductive for adventure sports and trekking.